Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:02:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  From the bottom to the top
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: From the bottom to the top  (Read 700 times)
philip-newyork

« on: June 07, 2008, 09:22:29 PM »

New York has been a great place for GM Phil Schofield.  Last year at this time, Schofield was considering whether to continue in the league.  "When you are 0-14, you start to question yourself as a leader."  When he arrived in New York, Schofield took some time to see his new surroundings.  He changed the new to the old again.  He placed veteran QB Phil Stambaugh and veteran HB Demario Brown back in the starting lineup, informing young talented players Jason Campbell and Gerald Riggs, Jr. that there time to shine in the spotlight would have to wait.  He placed his faith in the veterans and they responded with a 4,000 plus passing year and a 1,000 plus rushing year and a recieving corps that was hard to defend.  For the trust placed in them by Schofield, they rewarded thier GM with a place in the playoffs this year.

The defense took shape also, some movement in the starting lineup and a few trades allowed the team to be one of the best in the league for stopping the run and three players with double digits in sacks.  Rufus Alexander proved to be a great choice early this year as he again had a large amount of tackles and three sacks. 

"I am very proud of this team.  I am proud to be a part of this organization.  I am looking forward to beating Mexico in the first round of the playoffs and meeting my brother (Ohio) for a chance at the FWL bowl."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: