Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  Time for a new ADK GM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Time for a new ADK GM  (Read 1247 times)
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« on: January 14, 2009, 05:50:08 AM »

Well, that'll just about wrap it up for me again. Two straight 8-6 third-place finishes after being handed such a good team are enough to convince me that I'm still tops at making gold into lead as far as this game is concerned. Hopefully this will give a new GM time to figure out what to do with the roster.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:01:18 AM »

Sadly quitting ?  Hope thats not the case.

Thought you had a good year, was a tough division what with Lon/Sco being pretty good the last few years, Paris coming through also.  Curt Anes has been a bit hot/cold lately but came good late in the season.  8-6 was good ?

Let me know if its official though, hope you stay though
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:59:23 AM »

It's just the same routine for me, over and over--after 16 seasons I think it's time I got the hint. Either I do really poorly, or it's a nailbiting race to 8-6, which if I'm lucky gets me a playoff one-and-done. Fully half of my seasons have had eight wins. I just have to accept that I'm really never going to get any better at this game, so that I don't have to worry about whether Montreal is going to phone in Week 14, for instance.

It was fun from the story angle to get to play as the Dark Knights for a little while, but I'm sure someone else can do better with them.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 05:44:31 AM »

Well sorry you are leaving.  I've emailed Mario but have had no response so i'll start to advertise for a new GM in the offseason.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: