Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:13:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  Gameday Discussion
| | |-+  centers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: centers  (Read 2465 times)
Niki
« on: November 19, 2004, 03:32:54 AM »

I noticed that some teams play with centers that have HA of below 50. If I am correct this skills is an important skill for centers and has to be atleast above 70.
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 05:13:03 AM »

Oh,  yeah...
SAC has a starting Center with hands of 44(!) and is......... 9-2

never trust a software-program. trust your instinct.

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
Niki
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 05:21:37 AM »

I never said it would be so it way my opinion ....
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 06:25:16 AM »

Well i know sometimes the program is weird, and that is what adds the FWL a bit of a "realistic approach".

given the fact that some GMs know a lot about "how the softeware is supposed to work" you might assume that those would win all games. but that luckily does nothappen. you can "buy" championships by having good trades ("give less than you get"), but you cannot "calculate" them.

That is good.  Wink

Tarding woudl be useless if every person in this would be able to say: "My Player A is better than your Player B so i do not accept your offer".

Niki
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 06:56:38 AM »

Tarding woudl be useless if every person in this would be able to say: "My Player A is better than your Player B so i do not accept your offer".

To be fair unless you do not offer me a draft pick with your player B which is not a as good as my player A, I would not accept your offer.

But i agree the programme is funny, that skill values you see is only an indication. Skills and stats make a player good or not and even then on some positions you do not have direct stats (oliners). Isn't that why it so funny to play this game 
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 07:10:14 AM »

To be fair unless you do not offer me a draft pick with your player B which is not a as good as my player A, I would not accept your offer.

Basically i agree if both GMs have exactly the same view about players. BUT what i really meant was that you can look at Player A and different GMs will have different opinions and see different values in this player - and that is because the software uses effects we cannot know in advance. we have excellent players with low-ratings and high-profile players that stink.

Excample season#1 : I traded HUGE for QB Dave Barr (best QB-ratings!) - and he played mediocre. I sold him for unknown Josh LaRocca (lower ratings than Barr) and LaRocca dominated the league.

And if all GMs had the same knowledge about the software AND if the software would give us NO surprises EVERY GM would think the same about Player A. But in fact we are lucky that the software does not really follow its own rules (see: SACs Center!) - that leaves enough space for interpretation and so trading is fun.

In other words:
For YOU i would have to add a pick to player B in order to get player A. For ME i might think: Well, actually i would have to ask for an additional pick with player A - otherwise i would not let B got to Niki as B is better than A.

Case closed.
the only thing that i want is that trading is still fun and an individual act. otherwise we could find a software like in the Madden-software where the program calculates if a trade is favourable for you or not. that is bullshit und would end trading in the FWL.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 07:11:50 AM by MarioKreiner ADK » Logged

Niki
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 07:43:46 AM »

In other words:
For YOU i would have to add a pick to player B in order to get player A. For ME i might think: Well, actually i would have to ask for an additional pick with player A - otherwise i would not let B got to Niki as B is better than A.

case opened Smiley

Interesting way of looking since you offer my your player B, I think my player is better but now you think your player is better then my player! Why did you made the offer in the first place!

Think about the Hatchette and Barr deals. You paid for both a high price but I informed you from the beginning that I would prefer to keep the players but if you offer at the end offer I can not refuse. I will call it a deal. But in these cases you were hunting for mys starting young palyers and not my Bench warmers.

But that is with trading in general: but if you offer your good HB for the best HB in the league. you will get a no for an answer but being creative (draft picks, players on other positions etc) will make it able to trade
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 09:44:49 AM »

Basically to try and show that most guides and tips dont always work i purposely dont use any game profiles or plans as i dont want people thinking these give you an edge.  They might help some teams but i'm trying to show that you dont have to use those to win.

There are also guides out there on many other Sierra Front Page Sports Football simulation websites (Wow that was a mouthful !) saying this and that, and that QB's should be great in ratings XX XX and XX etc but it doesnt always work out

I'm in the belief that if a player plays well and has good stats in a game week in week out he can play in the FWL no matter what . Look at DE Tim Geiger.  No one has picked him up but hes so consistent the last few years with 8+ sacks most seasons.

I keep talking about Charlie Ward , he had terrible INT when he was starting.

David Ward was terrible for Frankfurt last year, despite having some important skills less than former starting Fire QB Ingram Jones  , Ward is now starting and is the top rated QB in the league this year.

If you find any guides online then take those with a pinch of salt and not so seriously.  Some ratings are obvious. eg QB's should have good INT, RB's should have good SP and AC and HA etc etc.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: