Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  Gameday Discussion
| | |-+  Oh yeah. It's not over in the EFC West. Not yet.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Oh yeah. It's not over in the EFC West. Not yet.  (Read 10388 times)
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« on: October 09, 2005, 12:42:43 PM »

So much for Austria not having any more meaningful games until week 15. Smiley

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Niki
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 12:44:43 PM »

He he next week is a very important game for Amsterdam, since Austrai is visiting amsterdam.

BTW: Lytle is now on 101 td's Cool
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 12:56:01 PM »

Yeah, I was planning to do an article about Lytle's 100th, but thanks for the reminder anyway.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Niki
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 01:58:06 PM »

BTW, I did something wrong when I informed you, since Lytle had already for twee week his 100 td pas, he is now at 102 Roll Eyes
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 02:53:56 PM »

you are annyoing me.
does anyone really think i won´t get the division-title by week 12? i prepare for the post-season already....

Next week i play Amsterwho???

Roll Eyes

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 04:44:59 PM »

I must admit with a 3 game home stint coming up you should be okay but i would favour Amsterdam next week.  The Admirals are looking very strong and are playing at home.

The Paris defeat was very very close and yes Austria were unlucky but i wouldnt say Austria are cruising towards the #1 seed in the EFC
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 02:57:56 AM »

in fact i alsways said that we are not a 8-0-team.

But i have to admit that i am surprised by this loss as i was playing at full strengh while Paris missed some of their starters.

Amsterdam is good, but all in all i think i should be able to win. But even if i do not win - i do not doubt a bit that i will get the divisional titlan AND home-advantage throughout EFCs playoff-race.....

Niki
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 04:37:29 AM »

in fact i alsways said that we are not a 8-0-team.

But i have to admit that i am surprised by this loss as i was playing at full strengh while Paris missed some of their starters.

Amsterdam is good, but all in all i think i should be able to win. But even if i do not win - i do not doubt a bit that i will get the divisional titlan AND home-advantage throughout EFCs playoff-race.....

oh well, it is simple, you will have both if you win this Sunday, if you lose the difference between Austria and Amsterdam is only 1. But knowing that I have to play after against Montreal you are now more or less usre of both
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 10:48:04 AM »

Tongue

will be good to see how i seal my title in week 12 against London in FWL-Classic XXVI  Cool

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 03:26:41 PM »

Well a brilliant game against Amsterdam, really was full of a lot of great plays and i wish i could have read the 'play by play' live instead of having to simulate the game !

Huge win for you as New York lost you now have the #1 seed in the whole FWL if the season ended today.  I know as a GM you cant think too far ahead but being at home throughout the playoffs and perhaps FWL Bowl is huge.  Then again its still early days, just 3 weeks ago NY looked unstoppable and now have lost 2 of their last 3
Niki
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 04:42:45 AM »

Well a brilliant game against Amsterdam, really was full of a lot of great plays and i wish i could have read the 'play by play' live instead of having to simulate the game !

Oh well Amsterdam fired the person that managed the clock, he did not speed up the clock when he had to do it!
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 04:53:22 AM »

Oh well Amsterdam fired the person that managed the clock, he did not speed up the clock when he had to do it!

Well, time defenitely ran out on Witherspoons run... and Admirals fans and players and Niki screamed in joy..... BUT: the referees ordered to re-set the clock back to 1 sec.....

It might have something to do with the trips to Hawaii and Fiji-Islands the refs (who had some team-building trip) and the board of ADK-managers (who had a team-building-trip as well...) took together..... i SWEAR it was pure coincidence that we had the same desitnations.... But hey, we drank quite a few there.....  Grin Grin Grin

Niki
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 05:03:09 AM »

oh well, Paul told me that you told him that it was an interesting game to read, but he I did know the score so I am to down for it to read it
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 05:24:07 AM »

oh well, Paul told me that you told him that it was an interesting game to read, but he I did know the score so I am to down for it to read it

i ALWAYS have Paul send me the play-play and read it BEFORE i visit the FWL-page so it is like a game-watching-live-experience....

you missed a thriller....

Dinwiddies (QB2!) TD pass to Pinkard (TE3!) came at a 4th down with still 5 min(!!!)  left to play. a thriller......

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 05:39:10 AM »

Yeah sadly Niki was away so he asked me to text him the score before.

A few GM's like reading the play by plays.  Mexico have had the play by play for years now

I do send out the play by play to some other GM's but its obvious that when i suddenly send them out it must be because it was a close game.

I play in Davids league and love reading the play by play.  I do the same with the NFL games now !  Eg this is the Sunday night game between Houston and Seattle...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20051016_HOU@SEA

I have all the play by plays for every NFL game so during NFL Sundays i watch one game and then read the play by plays of all the other games !  Makes NFL Sundays much much better
Niki
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 05:46:26 AM »

Yeah sadly Niki was away so he asked me to text him the score before.

Away from internet, I have no internet connection at home till this Friday  Cry Cry
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 05:59:28 AM »

I'll text you the game on Thursday then, as you know Week 11 will be played on Thursday 20th. Then i'm away working in France and away at the weekend so the next games for Week 12 wont be till i'm back on Monday 31st October

After that i'll probably run the games twice a week.  The last 4 weeks of the regular season should be very exciting
Niki
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 06:09:48 AM »

On thursday I am at work, so it not necessary that you text me Smiley

Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005, 06:26:55 AM »

so why don´t you have the play-play emailed by Paul? Much more fun than just watching at the results.....

Niki
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005, 06:33:45 AM »

so why don´t you have the play-play emailed by Paul? Much more fun than just watching at the results.....

hm do you really think I could wait till monday to know the result Smiley and to be fair I am to unpatience to read the play by play, if paul emails me the play by play the first thing I do is going to read the final score Smiley when i win I read the play by play directly if I lose I go out for walk Roll Eyes and then analize what went wrong
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: