Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:58:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  Paris GM resigns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Paris GM resigns  (Read 2016 times)
Andrew-Neutral

« on: December 12, 2005, 05:49:14 AM »

Hello everyone,

Afte much soul-searching, I have decided to resign as GM of Paris. Unfortunately, I can not devote the necessary time to the FWL any more, and it is not fair to other GMs if I can not answer their trade offers etc.

I shall continue to be involved with the FWL - at the moment I am putting together a FWL stats database which I hope to make available via a website. I will also help Paul with other FWL stuff. I'll also keep posting to the fourm.

Paul has found a new GM for Paris, so look out for the official announcement and the email address of the new GM. Just remember, if Paris suddenly becomes a FWL power-house and wins 6 bowls in a row, it is due to the excellent team that I've put together which is just one step from greatness. If, however, Paris goes back to constant 2-12 and 3-11 seasons, it is the fault of the new GM.

Andrew, no longer GM of Paris.

Andrew
GM of the Year, season 5
Official FWL Stats-Geek
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 06:04:04 AM »

Just like to thanks Andrew for being part of the FWL since day 1.  I'm glad he still wants to stay involved with the FWL and i cant wait to see the stats he will be able to produce.

Its been tough for Paris being in a very difficult division but i think he has left the team in a very good state, there are still some question marks but being in a difficult division with LON/AUS Paris did very well last year.

I'm currently contacting a new GM and hope to hear back from him soon

Regards
Marco_Frankfurt

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 06:48:06 AM »

hi Andrew,

I am sad to see you go Sad

You were GM of Paris for so long, that like Jason in London it was allways your team and I cannot imagine
how it will be with someone else as a GM. Thank you for all the time you invested in the league and even more
thanks for all the projects you continue to support us with Smiley

Maybe there will be more time for you in the future and like Mario will start a great comeback in a couple of seasons Wink

The best wishes to you and once more thank you !

GM Frankfurt Galaxy (Season #1 - now)
GM of the Year - #14
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #2, #5, #13, #14
EFC Champion - Season #2, #5, #10, #13, #14
EFC EAST Champion - Season #1, #2, #5, #6, #10, #12, #13, #14
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 08:19:16 AM »

Sad news for the league.  Embarrassed
A "dinosaur" walks away.....  Embarrassed

Not a good day for the league at all....
see you when you return

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
TC-Sacramento

SURGE GM

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 05:32:20 PM »

Hello everyone,

Afte much soul-searching, I have decided to resign as GM of Paris. Unfortunately, I can not devote the necessary time to the FWL any more, and it is not fair to other GMs if I can not answer their trade offers etc.

I shall continue to be involved with the FWL - at the moment I am putting together a FWL stats database which I hope to make available via a website. I will also help Paul with other FWL stuff. I'll also keep posting to the fourm.

Paul has found a new GM for Paris, so look out for the official announcement and the email address of the new GM. Just remember, if Paris suddenly becomes a FWL power-house and wins 6 bowls in a row, it is due to the excellent team that I've put together which is just one step from greatness. If, however, Paris goes back to constant 2-12 and 3-11 seasons, it is the fault of the new GM.

Andrew, no longer GM of Paris.

Hey Andrew,

Just wanted to let you know that I'll willingly relinquish the GM reins to Paris if/when you decide to return to the league since you are one of the original owners.  I had requested to move the team to Cologne since the Musketeers are synonymous with you as GM.

Regardless, if Paris does become a FWL powerhouse I'll share the credit!  Wink

-TC

TC
General Manager
Sacramento SURGE
Andrew-Neutral

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 06:30:59 AM »

Thanks to everyone for their kind words (although I'm not sure I like being called a "dinosaur", Mario!). I hope TC (does that stand for "Top Cat"?) can take the team to the next level. I word of advise to TC - beware of Austrian's bearing draft picks - I'll say no more.

I'm currently trying to get the stats database up and running. I've processed every week of games and need to read them all into a database next. There are some weeks missing, unfortunately. So, if anyone has saved any of the "sgames.html" files on their hard drives, please let me know!

Andrew
GM of the Year, season 5
Official FWL Stats-Geek
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 10:26:28 AM »

"Dinosaur" i said because you wher eone fo the few remaining season1-GMs who never left....

Regarding the picks:
Why the hell am i the only one whose trades or offers are discussed publicly? I mean: it is not my fault that you took Kreinhagen for a 2nd.  Grin

BTW: One of my best moments in FWL was the 41-0 against you in season 5. That was excellent to read. You did not have much luck against me: a 40-0 in season 3 is also on the list.

But you took revenge by destroying my "what might have been a" perfect season recently.

Shame on you  Wink

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 10:57:13 AM »

Well to be fair you did look a fool for your trade for Curt Anes at first.  After his first poor season in Austria you even emailed me to say you might have been too hasty with all those draft picks specially when you saw the rookie crop that year and you had no picks !

Kreinhagen granted was a bust in his first season in Paris but just like we saw in Anes he could still turn it around.  Anes went from a poor first season in Austria to a stunning 17 td 0 int season the following year

And despite the thrashings the Paris win over you last year was huge.  I still remember the Giants upsetting Denver who were trying to get a perfect season back in 1998 i think it was, and of course everyone remembers the Dolphins beating the Bears in 1985 during the regular season.

Your worst loss was the thrashing you had by Scotland in the final week !
Andrew-Neutral

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 11:00:17 AM »

As long as I'm a Tyranosaurs, not a Brontosaurus, you can call me a dinosaur!

Only joking about the draft picks!

Yes, Austria have whopped Paris many times;

50-8 in season 1
42-13 in season 2
40-0 in season 3
55-10 in season 4
41-0 in season 5

But don't forget Paris 43, Austria 3 in Season 8. And Paris 20, Austria 17 in Season 14.

Andrew
GM of the Year, season 5
Official FWL Stats-Geek
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: