Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  Vote for the first ever FWL Hall of Fame players !
« previous next »
Poll
Question: You have 5 votes, please dont be biased and vote for the top 5 players of all time.  This will be done after every season with different nominees etc  (Voting closed: January 30, 2005, 06:23:56 AM)
WR-PR Alan Allen, second all time in punt return yardage with over 3000, also caught over 50 passes every season he played in the FWL (5 seasons) and went to the playoffs every year - 0 (0%)
QB Dave Barr, 28,672 yds passing, 125 td's, twice FWL MVP of the Year, led Rhein to two FWL Bowls winning one, even led Birmingham to the AFC Game - 8 (13.3%)
WR Jaques Biyong, 5th all time with 641 catches, 4 1000 yard seasons, two years with 100+ catches - 0 (0%)
DE Jon Carter II, amazing career in the FWL with record 7 straight seasons of double digit sacks, has the FWL record for sacks in a season of 27 in 1999.  Won two FWL Bowl rings - 9 (15%)
QB Stoney Case, 31,837 yds passing, 148 td's, 3 FWL Bowls winning two.  Never played on a losing team - 8 (13.3%)
WR Jesse Dawson, owns all of Paris/Colognes receiving records, 4th all time in catches, 5 1000 yard seasons including two years of 100+ catches, retired due to injury - 1 (1.7%)
WR Toderick Malone, Leagues all time leader, 10 straight 1000 yard seasons, went to the playoffs 7 times in his 11 year career - 11 (18.3%)
DE Lamar Mills, had a huge long successful career with Frankfurt winning two FWL Bowls, 2nd all time in sacks with 108, had an amazing 21 in 2003 - 2 (3.3%)
WR-PR Lee Morris, won an FWL Bowl with Austria, amazing punt returner and holds single season records for yardage and td's, had 90+ catches in a season with Scotland.  22 td's receiving and 14 returning punts ! - 2 (3.3%)
HB Bobby Phillips, all time leading rusher with 10,092 yds, 110 td's on the ground, 687 catches, only non QB to win FWL MVP of the Year (Won it twice !) - 12 (20%)
LB Willie Walker, all time leader in tackles for retired players with 724 (4th all time).  11 straight seasons of at least one sack, won two FWL Bowls with Sacramento and Austria - 2 (3.3%)
CB Jason Wallace, leading interceptor of all time with 16, interception every season apart from one year, record 7 interceptions in Season 3 - 3 (5%)
K Kendall Trainor, all time leading kicker and 2nd all time in points with 869.  won two FWL Bowls with Austria - 2 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Vote for the first ever FWL Hall of Fame players !  (Read 5350 times)
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« on: December 01, 2004, 06:23:56 AM »

Please vote for who you think should be the first official selections in the FWL Hall of Fame. 

Be totally unbiased and vote who you think truely is a legend in the FWL.  The winners will have a page about them and their career stats listed on the FWL page forever.

Theres been many great players, 5 players however will enter every season.  The players who dont go into the FWL HOF this season will stand a chance next season when they are nominated.

The votes will be hidden for 60 days and then the players with the most votes will enter the HOF.

Please please make sure you vote and make sure all the other GM's do.  It'll be a shame if only 6 of the 18 FWL GM's vote.

Niki
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 10:22:01 AM »

Paul the FWL has already a Hall of Fame: www.fwl.org.uk/hof.htm
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 11:15:26 AM »

Well, we've never had a vote. But, yeah, might want to clarify, Paul. Smiley

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 11:26:15 AM »

Yeah that HOF is pretty poor, i did that years and years ago when the league was only a few seasons old i think.

I think it should be a proper HOF, retired players only and people who have amassed some amazing records. Some of the veteran players who played in the early years then retired due to old age will be included in the next seasons HOF listing.

I'll start again though and get some proper web pages done up, picture of that player, a writeup about his career and also his stats etc.  Bit like the alltime.htm page but much bigger and more of a writeup etc

Should be good
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 12:50:52 PM »

Okay, well, please don't completely ditch those old writeups you had, it would make interesting reading if nothing else.

Incidentally, not that I'm actually concerned that anybody would do anything so untoward, but would you like me to make it so that only confirmed GMs can vote? So that nobody can register a bunch of new accounts and stuff the ballot box?

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 12:53:46 PM »

Yeah totally, that'll be a good idea

After all out of the many hundreds of FWL players to have ever played the game to select your top 5 which includes mostly former ex players of your team is very very dubious !!

If someone has already acted like that i do think limiting it to just forum members is the best idea
Niki
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 02:09:29 PM »

Paul what kind of players I miss in the HOF vote are Oliners. I know we have no stats of them but if you give me time I can make a historic overview of all the pro-bowlers (any how many times, seasons etc) for each position.
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 02:55:59 PM »

GMs?

- including those who already retired once but got back  Cool

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
Niki
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 03:13:25 PM »

I agree with retired GM's but when to start to be active again they have to be kicked out of the HOF  Grin
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 04:25:05 PM »

If someone has already acted like that i do think limiting it to just forum members is the best idea

No, it's still just us dudes, I just thought I'd toss it out.

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 02:49:58 AM »

Well Niki feel free to check out the hon1.htm, hon2.htm etc etc to see what offensive linemen should be in the FWL HOF

I must admit as its the first time we're doing this properly out of the many 100's of FWL players theres a fair few who totally stick out, next year i'll add some offensive linemen to the mix but considering just 5 are going in this season i think theres not much room for an OL at the moment
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 03:51:31 AM »

Paul, basically the idea of a GM-vote is a good one but i would have prefered another style:

Every season produces 3 HOF-players out of the pool of retired players, starting back in season #1. so there should be a vote after every season (and initially several votes for the past season, one for each season.....). in addition to that we could "carry over" the players ranked 4-6 of the previous vote to the next vote in order to give them a second chance.

so actually we would have 33 HOFers (11*3) plus 3 more after the retirements of season#12 are announced.

just a thought...... but it would give a good picture of FLW all-timers.....

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 06:00:23 AM »

Good idea but to begin with every season i'll include a list of the main great players in the FWL.

Looking at some of the voting some people will be totally biased so i dont want to give a huge list out after every season as some people will vote solely for their players.

I mean take the kicker for example Kendall Trainor.

Best kicker ever in the FWL but surely surely surely players such as Stoney Case and Bobby Phillips would go into the HOF before Trainor ?  I think the initial 5 inductees would presumably include the leagues all time leading passer, receiver and rusher.  Add some leading defensive players and theres hardly any room this time for the best kicker of all time.

Just my opinion of course but some of the voting is surprising me !
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 06:02:13 AM by Paul-Sacramento » Logged
Niki
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 07:00:05 AM »

@Mario: it is agood idea but you never know how many great players will retire every season. You can have the problem that in 1 season 15 very good players retires and another season only 1.

@Paul: maybe it is an idea to have every two months a HOF vote. We haven't done it the last 11 seasons so we have to make it up

We can think of do a HOF vote for receivers, RB, QB, Oliners, Dliners, LB, DB's and Kickers and punters. For each group we select between the 13 and 15 players and the best 5 will go to HOF
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 10:00:46 AM »

Well i wont do them that frequently as its difficult getting GM participation

So far only i think 6 GM's have done any voting so if i did this much more frequently there would be very few people doing it
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 12:32:23 PM »

did you really expect more? just a few hard-core-GMs use this forum regularly (btw: this forum is tecnically the best i have ever seen). one the other hand: up to now YOU where the only one who has decidid who is an ALL-TIMEr and who is not. 6 is 5 more than one....

What about this:
the commissioner is eligible for 5 votes, the rest of us for one...... (that would make 10 votes so far) ;-)

jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 01:17:52 PM »

did you really expect more? just a few hard-core-GMs use this forum regularly

No, but anything's possible.

(btw: this forum is tecnically the best i have ever seen).

SMF isn't perfect but I like it more than the major alternatives, yeah. If anybody wants to do a custom theme to match the league colors or something like that, I'm game to put it up.

Miguel - Rhein Fire

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2004, 05:45:18 AM »

Hi,
in my opinion the idea of voting all two months will be worth to try out!
It will be much more easy to choose some few players all two months then to read through 30+ players once.
Perhaps wou won't get all 18 GMs to vote, but perhaps some of them will vote more often when they see their players nominated...so also Marios idea will be a possibility to activate the passive GMs... Grin

Let's see...i already gave up my vote! It's a very impressive list where nearly all of them are worth to reach th HOF...

Ciao, Miguel
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2004, 08:06:28 AM »

Well just like the NFL when its down to the final 15 or so every single one of them is impressive.

For now we'll stick like this just because if i did a large list then people will vote for their own players like you said, its been seen already in this small list.  If people just vote for their own players then the whole idea of the HOF is pointless sadly
Marco_Frankfurt

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 05:06:56 AM »

Hi,

I admit that I did vote strong on my team, but how could you not vote for Bobby, Stoney, ToderickĀ  ?
I mean deserve Emmit Smith or Joe Montana or Jerry RiceĀ  not to be in the NFL Hall of fame ?

Regarding the DLiners all see the sacks stats, but I also have still in mind how they did win games
for my team ! And Mills was 3 times EFC Def MVP (also a record for defensive players).
Jon Carter was Bowl MVP in 2001 (one of only 2 defplayer ever winning that honor)

In general I think our league has such a strong history allready that we could vote at least for another 5
Hall of Fame players soon. I mean this time we have 3 players that should be in definitely. The next
5 candidates will represent more the 'not-so-big-names' that are still very important players.
Like the best PR or K ever.

Just a litle thought ;-)

bye and tschuess
Marco
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 05:13:01 AM by Marco_Frankfurt » Logged

GM Frankfurt Galaxy (Season #1 - now)
GM of the Year - #14
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #2, #5, #13, #14
EFC Champion - Season #2, #5, #10, #13, #14
EFC EAST Champion - Season #1, #2, #5, #6, #10, #12, #13, #14
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »