Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  Vote for the first ever FWL Hall of Fame players !
« previous next »
Poll
Question: You have 5 votes, please dont be biased and vote for the top 5 players of all time.  This will be done after every season with different nominees etc  (Voting closed: January 30, 2005, 06:23:56 AM)
WR-PR Alan Allen, second all time in punt return yardage with over 3000, also caught over 50 passes every season he played in the FWL (5 seasons) and went to the playoffs every year - 0 (0%)
QB Dave Barr, 28,672 yds passing, 125 td's, twice FWL MVP of the Year, led Rhein to two FWL Bowls winning one, even led Birmingham to the AFC Game - 8 (13.3%)
WR Jaques Biyong, 5th all time with 641 catches, 4 1000 yard seasons, two years with 100+ catches - 0 (0%)
DE Jon Carter II, amazing career in the FWL with record 7 straight seasons of double digit sacks, has the FWL record for sacks in a season of 27 in 1999.  Won two FWL Bowl rings - 9 (15%)
QB Stoney Case, 31,837 yds passing, 148 td's, 3 FWL Bowls winning two.  Never played on a losing team - 8 (13.3%)
WR Jesse Dawson, owns all of Paris/Colognes receiving records, 4th all time in catches, 5 1000 yard seasons including two years of 100+ catches, retired due to injury - 1 (1.7%)
WR Toderick Malone, Leagues all time leader, 10 straight 1000 yard seasons, went to the playoffs 7 times in his 11 year career - 11 (18.3%)
DE Lamar Mills, had a huge long successful career with Frankfurt winning two FWL Bowls, 2nd all time in sacks with 108, had an amazing 21 in 2003 - 2 (3.3%)
WR-PR Lee Morris, won an FWL Bowl with Austria, amazing punt returner and holds single season records for yardage and td's, had 90+ catches in a season with Scotland.  22 td's receiving and 14 returning punts ! - 2 (3.3%)
HB Bobby Phillips, all time leading rusher with 10,092 yds, 110 td's on the ground, 687 catches, only non QB to win FWL MVP of the Year (Won it twice !) - 12 (20%)
LB Willie Walker, all time leader in tackles for retired players with 724 (4th all time).  11 straight seasons of at least one sack, won two FWL Bowls with Sacramento and Austria - 2 (3.3%)
CB Jason Wallace, leading interceptor of all time with 16, interception every season apart from one year, record 7 interceptions in Season 3 - 3 (5%)
K Kendall Trainor, all time leading kicker and 2nd all time in points with 869.  won two FWL Bowls with Austria - 2 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Vote for the first ever FWL Hall of Fame players !  (Read 5378 times)
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 09:51:51 AM »

Well i think with your strong side the last 10 seasons you have many stars so you'll vote for many of your players.  Just some other GM's i think have been a bit biased ;-)

Still i think its good GM's get the vote, just that they dont abuse it ! ;-)

Well i'm thinking of some good things to do on the HOF Player Pages, when i have time next week i might do one for one of the players who i think we all know will make the HOF team (Bobby Phillips).  I'll try to do that next week to give everyone a taster of what it'll show for a HOF player.

Both Carter and Mills are classic defensive players and if they dont go into the HOF this time i'm sure they'll be in soon after.

I personally think Kendall Trainor was the best kicker ever just that on the first vote i dont think he should go in as theres many other players who should go in first but thats just my opinion
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2005, 11:28:36 AM »

The voting ended on Sunday

The final votes have been counted and the 5 players to be entered into the FWL Hall of Fame are....

HB Bobby Phillips (Frankfurt)
WR Toderick Malone (London)
DE Jon Carter II (NY, Frankfurt)
QB Dave Barr (Austria, Scotland, Rhein, Birmingham)
QB Stoney Case (Barcelona, Frankfurt)

It'll take some time but i'll be doing HOF pages for these players very soon
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2005, 03:04:40 PM »

good choices....

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
Marco_Frankfurt

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2005, 04:30:58 AM »

Good choices and very obvious ones.

They are all-time leaders and most award winning players.

But I am still glad to have 3 former team members in the firts 5 Hall of Fame enductees.
Thank you for all who voted for them :-)

Paul, when will the next group of players be open to voting ?

GM Frankfurt Galaxy (Season #1 - now)
GM of the Year - #14
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #2, #5, #13, #14
EFC Champion - Season #2, #5, #10, #13, #14
EFC EAST Champion - Season #1, #2, #5, #6, #10, #12, #13, #14
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2005, 04:37:10 AM »

Well i'm going to try to start doing the FWL Hall of Fame pages for each one in the next few weeks.  I would say in 3-4 weeks i'll list another set for people to vote on

Not a bad turnout, 12 of the 18 GM's voted which isnt bad but be nice to get a full set or a few more voting.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: