Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  A look at the league leaders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A look at the league leaders  (Read 1364 times)
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« on: March 22, 2006, 04:54:04 AM »

QB rating - NY Phil Stambaugh - Completing an amazing 77.9% of his passes, has been on fire the last few weeks, now a 7th year veteran, Stambaugh is one of the best but needs to win an FWL Bowl

HB - Ams Jeronimo Huerta - Excellent back for Amsterdam who started for the first time last year and had 1000 yards and this year is headed for another 1000 yard season.  Great speed and a great average.

WR - Paris Brad Pyatt - One of the best moves of the new Paris GM was promoting Pyatt to start, Pyatt who had just 17 catches last year has 62 in 8 games and is the Musketeers best player.

Interceptions - NY Shenard Newby - Excellent safety for the Knights, having his best year yet

Sacks - Mont Michael Landry - Dominant defensive end, one of the best in the business, having another great year with 11 sacks in 8 games

Tackles - Orl Muadianvita Kazadi - Despite the poor year for the Thunder this LB hasnt given up with 66 tackles in 8 games for the 8 year veteran. A lone star on a poor defense.

Kicking - Mont Jose Cortez - Has had some off years in the past but the last season or two has been playing his best football ever, has hit 13 of 14 FG's including 2/2 from over 50 yards

Scoring - Rhein Reynard Rutherford - Rutherford is having his best season yet, has scored 3 rushing touchdowns but as a pass receiver also has an impressive 8, so far has 2 more td's than any other player in the league

All Purpose yards - Rhein Reynard Rutherford - Great dual purpose back, leading all backs in pass receiving yardage, has over 600 rushing yards and over 550 yards receiving, on target for a 1000 yard rushing season and over 900 yards receiving !
Niki
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 06:33:31 AM »

HB - Ams Jeronimo Huerta - Excellent back for Amsterdam who started for the first time last year and had 1000 yards and this year is headed for another 1000 yard season.  Great speed and a great average.

well I doubt he will unless he will have two 100+ yds games in week 13 and 14  Cry

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 07:00:25 AM »

Yeah its a shame, i really like Huerta and he was having a great year.  Joe Smith was excellent and sometimes because of injury you realise how good your backup is.  If Smith is a capable backup then you have a great 1-2 for next season or trade material.  Pity when some of the big teams get injuries like this but hey thats football !

Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 07:00:46 AM »

well, how i wished i had your problems, niki.....

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
Niki
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 07:09:17 AM »

I know that Smith is a good RB, he would be my starter next year..

Mario: well I still think it your game plan that does not fit your rush attack, you have a RB that is one of the betters in the league.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 07:21:40 AM »

I agree a lot could be to do with the gameplan, with all his stars on offense he should be scoring tons of points but a lot depends on if you choose the wrong gameplan.  About 3 quarters of the league use gameplans, some teams still dont and use the standard FBPro one.  I cant name any gameplans people use but its interesting to see who does use them and who doesnt.  Its interesting for the stats, eg HB's catching a lot of passes or other strange stats compared to the past.

I think eventually Simonton will fit in and have some big games but hes had a quiet start so far and Anes is having a bad year.  Either way the team despite playing bad football are 7-2 so i think many teams would like to have Austrias problems.

To me personally the best teams are the ones who dont change their gameplan week in week out or every few weeks. Must admit i would love to see how the Oakland Raiders offense will be, i might try that the last few weeks.  Hoping for some big bombs !!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 07:45:15 AM by Paul-London » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: