Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  FWL On-line Database
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FWL On-line Database  (Read 1813 times)
Andrew-Neutral

« on: September 28, 2006, 06:40:38 AM »

Hello everyone,

After much work, version 1.1 of my on-line FWL database is ready for inspection. It contains;

• Results of all games, together with scoring summaries, team stats and individual stats for (almost) every game
  • Head-to-head results for each pair of teams, including rushing, passing and receiving stats for those games
  • Regular season individual records
  • Team summaries - including W-L records by season, team record holders and all-time stats
  • Team and individual stats for each team, for each season
  • A quick summary of outstanding individual performances for each season (100 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving and 300 yards passing), together
    with the top-ten rushing, receiving and passing performances for each season
  • An "inside the numbers" section with the highest scores attained by each team and the rushing, passing and receiving leaders over the past ten seasons
  • Individual stats for EVERY player[/li/
Of course, some features need a bit of refining, but I thought I'd make the latest version available.

Any comments and suggestions gratefully received.

The site is dedicated to my father who instilled my love of football, programming and stats in me! Dad died on 17 Sept.

The site is at http://www.battyeweb.org.uk/fwl/home.php

Andrew
GM of the Year, season 5
Official FWL Stats-Geek
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 11:40:08 AM »

You Dad (and your mum) did a great Job in "creating" you, Andrew.

Sorry for the loss. But dying is part of the big game we all play...

Great work.

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 12:06:42 PM »

Very neat. On Firefox (2.0 beta whatever) some numbers in the individual game reports are too far right-justified, to the extent that they're being cut off by the blue table.

But I found it really interesting looking over the old London stats, particularly seeing that less than 1000 yards separate the three quarterbacks I used most often. (and seeing just how bad my running game could be, damn you Tony Vinson and your 2.5 YPC over more than 300 touches!)

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Andrew-Neutral

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:39:58 AM »

Cheers Mario and Jason,

Yes, the stats do sometimes get cut off, the joys of liquid layouts in CSS! I'll try to fix it. I did test the pages using Firefox (version 1.0), Opera, Netscrape and the dreaded Internet Explorer. I'll have to get Fifefox 2.0.

Andrew

Andrew
GM of the Year, season 5
Official FWL Stats-Geek
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 05:49:50 AM »

Wow very impressive stats

Of course it goes without saying that we're thinking of you because of the last week
scottishclaymore

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 05:41:25 PM »

Hi Andrew.

I have only just found out the sad news about your Dad. I am so sorry. I would have contacted you sooner if I had known.
My own Dad died 23 years ago the year before our first child was born and I remember the hollow pain. It would be thoughtless to say it does get easier but truthfully we do adjust as people and as sons.
Perhaps all we can do is help them live on in the way we live our lives, in what we achieve or try to, as we are our fathers in many ways.

September the 17th was my daughters birthday, celebration in one family and deep sadness in another. Life is difficult to figure out sometimes.

I lost track of your address in Edinburgh when you moved a while back, where are you now? Could you email me if you feel you have the time to. We will be away on holiday for a couple of weeks but I will get in touch properly when we are home. It seems no time at all since I was taping the Worldbowl for you and sending them up. Time does not stop for any of us though.

Please take care of yourself and your family Andrew you are a really great guy, I used to enjoy our email exchanges a lot. Best thing about the FWL is friendships it has made.

Your site is amazing, it must have taken oh so many hours of work.
The dedication to your Dad will just make sure we all respect the work and the site all the more.

Ronnie
-----------------
Niki
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 06:36:36 AM »

Andrew sorry for the loss and all the best for the coming period.

It seems no time at all since I was taping the Worldbowl for you and sending them up. Time does not stop for any of us though.
@Ronnie: since a couple of months I have all the WB's on dvd, I am not sure if you have them all but if you are interested I can provide you with the missing WB's (since my Gf and I just moved in together I have no idea where they are at the moment so that can take some times)

Andrew-Neutral

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 02:39:24 PM »

After a bit of a delay, I've finally added the latest games to the database, so everything should be up to date now. One day, I'll correct the spelling of Aztecs!

Jason - the tables should render better now. Please let me know if they don't! I haven't got Firefox 2.0 yet.

Andrew
GM of the Year, season 5
Official FWL Stats-Geek
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 05:37:54 PM »

Seems better now, thanks.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: