Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:52:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  Anes dumped by Austria
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anes dumped by Austria  (Read 3830 times)
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« on: February 05, 2010, 09:55:01 AM »

He holds all of Austrias passing records, has thrown for over 20,000 yards and 125 touchdowns, has been to the playoffs 5 times and also led his team to FWL Bowl XV where he threw 2 td's to beat San Antonio.

However he has now been cut by the DarkKnights, trades failed to come through and Anes at age 33 and in his 10th year in the FWL faces life on the FA list. 

"We are talking to a few teams about joining them" said Anes, "I'm obviously looking for a starting job but would be happy as a backup" he said.  With 94 INT Anes could be a fine starter for many teams out there, he doesnt throw many ints (Never had double figures in a single year) and was the first QB in league history to play every regular season game and not throw an interception (17 td's and 0 ints).

http://www.fwl.org.uk/alltime.htm#canes

His career stats show hes a fine QB, will someone take him on before training camp ?

As a FA its first come first served.  There is a chance Austria will re-sign him however.

UPDATE - With a trade of DT Thomas Pittman, Austria re-signed Anes and put him him back on their protected list.  There is a rumour Austria might put him back on the starting roster before camp
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:54:36 PM by Paul-London » Logged
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 02:14:46 AM »

Well, the update is outdated:
Austria tried to find a way to keep Anes but we did not come to terms with him.

Anes decided to put down a very last offer and will leave Austria.

Du to his enormous achievements for Austria there will be an official farewell for him before the kickoff of the season-opening game against Rhein.

The Austria Management announced that it was blessed to have had such a great leader and person and wishes him well for his futore on and off the field.

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 03:10:21 AM »

Well big shame Mario !  Specially as a team might have signed him before training camp as a FA !

Anyway he'll be a true FA on Friday once the Week 1 games are played.  I hope he signs with a new team as i hate to see talented veterans rot on the FA list.   He did have a bad season last year but should be a great backup for many teams out there

Once Week 1 is played i'll announce when the FA's will be allocated
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 12:33:53 PM »

It's the Compton curse. Year after year I have great quarterbacks, year after year they fumble and fumble and fumble some more. I draft BJ Symons and he goes on to win championships with another team. Unreal.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Niki

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:24:07 PM »

It's the Compton curse. Year after year I have great quarterbacks, year after year they fumble and fumble and fumble some more. I draft BJ Symons and he goes on to win championships with another team. Unreal.

via Scotland he came to Amsterdam, but in his 1st (maybe first 2 years) he was a back-up. he had a lot talent but needed some TC to become great. But fumbles you can not only blame on the QB, most of the blame should go to the FB, TE and de Oline. That is why I prefer to have strong FB and TE (my opinion is that will decrease the nr.of fumbles
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »

are you kidding?
your QB did fumble yet again?

crazy!

I left the league ages ago but i can still remember the fumbleroosky of Comptons-QBs.  Shocked

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »

Anes was more of an interception machine for me than a fumbleholic, but he was second among QBs last year with 8.

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:37:06 AM »

via Scotland he came to Amsterdam, but in his 1st (maybe first 2 years) he was a back-up. he had a lot talent but needed some TC to become great. But fumbles you can not only blame on the QB, most of the blame should go to the FB, TE and de Oline. That is why I prefer to have strong FB and TE (my opinion is that will decrease the nr.of fumbles

Interesting reading that as i always wondered why some QB's fumbled so so much.  Obviously the software just says 'QB Smith fumbled...' but if you could see the actual play like you say theres a lot of other issues which could lead to the fumble. 
philip-newyork

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 03:54:03 PM »

New York - This just in from the front office of the New York Knights........

General Manager Phil Schofield just cut QB Shane Boyd and filed papers to assign disgarded QB great Kurt Anes as the back up to young Jason Campbell.  "We would like to bring in his veteran leadership and if anything happens during the year to Jason, we have a proven winner ready to step in and lead the team." 

New York had some room to move on the roster with Boyd who seemed to be only destined as a number three QB on the Knights sideline.  "We hope that Kurt enjoys it here and is involved in our first FWL Bowl in a long time."

jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »

Huh. None of the 0-1 teams wanted him? Well done.

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »

New York - This just in from the front office of the New York Knights........

General Manager Phil Schofield just cut QB Shane Boyd and filed papers to assign disgarded QB great Kurt Anes as the back up to young Jason Campbell.  "We would like to bring in his veteran leadership and if anything happens during the year to Jason, we have a proven winner ready to step in and lead the team." 

New York had some room to move on the roster with Boyd who seemed to be only destined as a number three QB on the Knights sideline.  "We hope that Kurt enjoys it here and is involved in our first FWL Bowl in a long time."

Well good luck with getting him !  Remember hes a FA which means other teams can put in a request, the lower rated team gets him, but if another 0-1 team wants him then i roll a dice (or coin) and see who picks him up.

Always email me your FA requests and then Weds morning before the games i'll allocate any FA's and email the people
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: