Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  Gameday Discussion
| | |-+  WOW! No Team without a loss!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WOW! No Team without a loss!  (Read 3435 times)
Mario ADK

GM Austria DarkKnights

« on: March 03, 2010, 09:21:52 AM »

Only 4 rounds played and no team without a loss anymore???
Great!

Happy to see my team on top of the division. It was a convincing win against a 3-0-team. Good to see. But it is still a long way to make the playoffs.

Former GM Austria DarkKnights (FWL-season 21 is 12th Season as GM):
GM of the Year - Season #2; #15
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC Champion - Season #3; #15
EFC WEST Champion - Season #2; #3; #4; #5; #13; #14; #15
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »

I don't suppose anybody knows if this is the fastest season to no-undefeated-teams? I'd have to think it's pretty close, usually somebody's flirting with the perfect season at least through Week 8 or so.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 06:52:26 AM »

Yeah its a surprise , you normally get the odd team doing well until week 8-10.

Nothing against Andreas but i'm surprised Berlin won last year as they didnt seem the big 'heavyweight contender', might be another 'surprise' winner this year
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:07:32 AM »

Yeah its a surprise , you normally get the odd team doing well until week 8-10.

Nothing against Andreas but i'm surprised Berlin won last year as they didnt seem the big 'heavyweight contender', might be another 'surprise' winner this year

In fairness, even though they're "just" the #3 seed right now, Berlin is only one game out from the first seed in the EFC. (Of course, if they lose a couple of games they could find themselves behind four other teams!)

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »

Well Berlin have done well this year considering theyre down to their backup QB (Nate Hybl is doing well after being a first round bust before) and they have a new HB

Wish someone would pick HB Avon Cobourne up though, shame to see him on the FA scrapheap, was the FWL champs leading rusher last year, 6th leading rusher with over 900 yards, this year, 0 carries and still a FA, shame
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 11:31:18 AM »

Wish someone would pick HB Avon Cobourne up though, shame to see him on the FA scrapheap, was the FWL champs leading rusher last year, 6th leading rusher with over 900 yards, this year, 0 carries and still a FA, shame

Although it's fairly realistic. He would be in his early 30s, which is when RBs start having trouble finding and keeping a job.

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:32:41 PM »

Still be nice to see Cobourne picked up by someone, Frankfurt/Amsterdam both have poor rushing attacks, you would think Cobourne might be signed and see what he can do
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »

You got your wish!

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 11:02:36 AM »

Yeah i emailed Andreas to say i didnt 'fix' anything !  Cant believe how well Cobourne did, i just wanted him on a roster as he was the RB for last years FWL champs and so it was weird he was cut and not signed by anyone

Plus with the injury he'll be starting this week, hope he doesnt let me down !
Niki

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 02:24:21 PM »

Still be nice to see Cobourne picked up by someone, Frankfurt/Amsterdam both have poor rushing attacks, you would think Cobourne might be signed and see what he can do
I know that the Dragons have poor rush attack, however looking at my RB's I can not blame it on them but on my Oline and not strong enough TE(s). This time I am very sure that the poor rush attack can not be blamed on the RB (his avg is 3.3 and his nr of TD's are also avg.)

Besides to lack of quality on the supporting players of the rush attack it is also a result that my nr  of rushing plays is far below avg. which is a result that most games I am walking behind the facts (due to stupid turn overs)

This year (and next year) my team is under construction which basically is that I balance my team with good starters and young talented back-ups. By signing an older FA would result that I have to cut a talented young player. If I have injured starers and a FA is better I would sign him but only the momenent my team has sufficient qualities to make it to the play offs. Maybe I am at that stage next year maybe the year after it all depends on retirements and the draft.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: