Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:08:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  A look at the playoff race
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A look at the playoff race  (Read 2209 times)
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« on: April 12, 2010, 06:48:22 AM »

AFC East

Orlando have practically wrapped up the division. First time in over 8 seasons !  After 5 consecutive last place finishes in the division its an amazing turnaround.

Strangely Birmingham are the 2nd hottest team in the AFC with a 2 game winning streak !  The 3-7 teams are two games off the playoff race but with 4 games left someone needs to get hot quickly.

AFC West

Surely the playoff teams will come from here. Sacramento have nearly won the division (and homefield).  Then its a battle for the two wildcard spots, San Antonio are at 6-4, Mexico at 5-5 but both Montreal/Raleigh are 4-6 and just a game out.  Should come down to the wire

EFC East

Should come down to the final week, both Berlin and Frankfurt are 7-3 and 1-1 in games played between each other. In the division are 3-2 but in the conference record Berlin are a game ahead of the Galaxy.

Similar storyline to the AFC, both 3-7 teams seem out of it but are 2 games out of the final playoff place with 4 games left.

EFC West

Scotland went back to winning ways and are a game ahead of the surprising Musketeers who are playing brilliant football.  Paris's best record is 8-6, only the second ever winning season in Paris history.  They are currently 6-4 and could beat those marks.

Austria have the final playoff place at 5-5 but have issues at QB and arent playing well but do have 3 home games coming up in the last 4 weeks which should help.

London and Barcelona are one game out of the race but both are on 2 game losing streaks.  Huge game for London this week as they travel to Austria, a loss here would practically end their playoff hopes. 
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »

Orlando have practically wrapped up the division. First time in over 8 seasons !  After 5 consecutive last place finishes in the division its an amazing turnaround.

Yeah, a win or tie will do it. Wild.

Strangely Birmingham are the 2nd hottest team in the AFC with a 2 game winning streak !  The 3-7 teams are two games off the playoff race but with 4 games left someone needs to get hot quickly.

They would also have to hope that the bottom falls out of the Riders and Aztecs' seasons in order to have a wildcard shot. The best, albeit slender, hope they have is for Orlando to lose out, which would enable one of them to win the division at 7-7 if the tiebreakers fall correctly.

Surely the playoff teams will come from here. Sacramento have nearly won the division (and homefield).

By my count, Sacramento has clinched the playoffs. They own the tiebreaker over Mexico (may I say that I really hate the scheduling system that creates these single-game matchups for alleged divisional rivals?), so they actually can't finish any worse than second in the division, so they have actually clinched no worse than the #3 seed. Not bad for Week 10.

Austria have the final playoff place at 5-5

Unfortunately for my former team it looks like you're forgetting that the runner-up in the AFC East is the first wildcard right now. Austria is a game back, but if they can get back to winning, Week 14 at Paris could be a mini-playoff.

London and Barcelona are one game out of the race but both are on 2 game losing streaks.  Huge game for London this week as they travel to Austria, a loss here would practically end their playoff hopes. 

Since Paris has been winning, I think these teams are playing for pride right now. As I predicted two weeks ago, I don't think 8-6 is going to be good enough for the playoffs in the EFC this year. Austria or Paris will hit 9-5 and take the West's wildcard.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:16:47 AM by jcompton-Orlando » Logged

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 03:55:57 PM »

Amazingly, all of the teams in the AFC East are still alive for the division crown. If Orlando loses out, it will lose on tiebreakers to all three of the other clubs. (Birmingham would cash in on the "common games" tiebreaker, by virtue of beating Paris.) It means Orlando losing out and someone else winning out, but it's plausible.

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:04:56 AM »

Yeah, a win or tie will do it. Wild.

Theres still time for Kingsbury to fumble 40 times and break Matt Lytles record !

How weird was that looking back.  Even if the centre was somehow awful (he wasnt) or Lytle had terrible hands (he didnt), just freaky the amount of times they fumbled, crazy
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »

Jimmy said something about fumbles often being the result of timing plays going awry--pitches to a HB who doesn't make his spot, that sort of thing. I wonder if that was the problem.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: