Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  Playoff race - Week 11
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Playoff race - Week 11  (Read 1798 times)
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« on: April 19, 2010, 03:27:44 AM »

AFC

AFC East

Despite their loss the Thunder need just one game to win the AFC East, they are 3 games ahead with 3 games left, they 'could' perhaps lose out on a tiebreaker to NY but that even looks unlikely

AFC West

Sacramento need one win to wrap up the AFC West and the top seed in the AFC. The only team who could catch them are the Riders who they play in the next game.

The wildcard places all belong here, so far its the Riders at 7-4 followed by Mexico at 6-5.  Montreal (5-6) and even Raleigh/New York (4-7) have chances to get that final spot.  Montreal who have been terrible on the road have 2 home games left and should pose a threat to that final spot.

EFC

EFC East

With Berlins surprising loss and Scotland losing Frankfurt suddenly have the top seed in the EFC with 3 weeks left. They have a tough game against Montreal away this week though. Berlin who seem muddled at QB play Paris who are playing superbly.  Should be a very tough game.  For Frankfurt they had a devastating injury to their starting HB Jason Snelling who will miss the rest of the season, this could be huge.

EFC West

Very close in the West, Scotland surprisingly changed QB's last week which didnt seem to help, the loss puts them tied now with Paris for the EFC West lead. Paris have 2 out of their last 3 games at home so stand a great chance of making it.

Austria had a huge win over London and stay in the playoff race, they are one game behind the pack and like Paris have 2 of their last 3 games at home. Barcelona have an outside chance of making the playoffs, they need to beat Austria this week to stand a chance.

Looks to be an exciting final 3 weeks in the FWL, the wildcard race is very close indeed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 03:30:42 AM by Paul-London » Logged
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

Despite their loss the Thunder need just one game to win the AFC East, they are 3 games ahead with 3 games left, they 'could' perhaps lose out on a tiebreaker to NY but that even looks unlikely

The Knights are in an interesting position. All three of their remaining games could come against teams with nothing to play for.

Ohio: The Glory are out of serious playoff contention--they can't win the division and 6-8 won't be good enough for a wildcard.
RD: If the Skyhawks lose to the Aztecs this week, they will be in the same boat as Ohio this week--the best they could finish would be 6-8.
@ Sac: By this point, the Surge will probably have clinched home field throughout, and the perfect season isn't a possibility.

Of course, you could make a similar argument for the Thunder, as the two remaining EFC East opponents can't do better than 6-8 and are therefore unlikely to make the playoffs. The Surge in the middle could need the victory to seal division/homefield, depending on how Week 12 unfolds.

The magic number is one... but this could still be crazy...

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »

I must admit i thought Birmingham might make a late push, they had momentum with a winning streak but obviously lost last week so now thats over !

Think it'll be close the next few weeks as always.  Sacramento have bags full of momentum, funny i beat them in Week 1 but since then theyre on a 10 game winning streak !

Strange in the EFC as well with Scotland fading a bit, Paris are playing so well, hats off to Jimmy. QB Ryan Dinwiddie is playing the best football of his career
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »

I must admit i thought Birmingham might make a late push, they had momentum with a winning streak but obviously lost last week so now thats over !

You're just saying that because they signed Cobourne. Smiley

Seriously, yeah, they've given some good teams a hard time this year, and hosting Orlando next week (well, Wednesday) they will be in a good position to cause even more trouble. Interesting to note that in a season full of new positive milestones for my Thunder, we did manage to clinch the eighth straight season with a losing away record...

Strange in the EFC as well with Scotland fading a bit

There's no shame in losing to Frankfurt, but the fact that the Claymores have struggled against the EFC East doesn't bode well for them to go very deep in the playoffs. Wildcards have never done well in the FWL playoffs, but I see real potential for two wildcard winners in the first round, one in each conference. I wouldn't even be shocked to see an EFC wildcard win the honor of being demolished by the Surge in the FWL Bowl.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:56:52 PM by jcompton-Orlando » Logged

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: