Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:02:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  Read AFTER you know who made the playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Read AFTER you know who made the playoffs  (Read 2025 times)
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« on: April 28, 2010, 03:15:17 AM »

Well an exciting final week !

In the AFC

Mexico/Raleigh-Durham at Sacramento

Now it might be Raleigh.  Mex/Ral are 1-1 in games played between them and the division/conference records are the same so i'm unsure who goes through !

Frankfurt at Scotland

Huge loss for Frankfurt when London upset them, not only do they lose the EFC East but become the 3rd ranked playoff team so will have to travel to face Scotland who are 6-1 at home

San Antonio at Orlando

Late loss for the Riders but they seemed to be taking it easy, can Jason Compton win a playoff game ?!  The Riders play well on the road, should be a great game

Paris at Berlin

Huge leap for Berlin as they are now the EFC's top seed as they beat Scotland earlier this year, the defending champs get through a QB controversy and on the final week jump up from a wildcard team to the top spot in the EFC.  They face Paris who had an epic win over Austria, hats off to Jimmy Hanlon who created an amazing team, they had the top QB and also the top defense and are in the playoffs for only the second time in their history.  They face a tough job though against the defending champs

jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:42:16 AM »

It's gotta be Mexico in the West, whether you go with the tiebreaker the standings app is using (net points in division games) or the current NFL tiebreaker at this step:

Strength of victory (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has defeated).

In other words, the power points/opponent win chart tells you this. Mexico beat teams with more wins, hence a higher win percentage, so Mexico is your AFC #4 seed.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:00:03 AM »

Anyway, that was a pretty great slate of games, even if we didn't get the 6-8 crazy mega-tiebreaker situation I was kind of hoping for. The Mexico game was the only one that felt like a done deal early. I really thought NY/NJ was going to pull off the upset for a while, and then London actually did it. Berlin's last-second FG seemed stunning, and Scotland's was downright gutting, until you got down to Paris's truly last-second field goal (as time expired in OT!) ... on tiebreakers, Paris really only needed to take a knee there, as an 1-0-1 record over Austria would have sufficed, but nailing the FG heightened the drama.

Austria came down with a classic case of Lytleitis in that second half. Yikes.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 01:02:29 PM »

Yeah i wanted some huge logjam in the AFC, pity about the results.

Poor Mario though !  He'll be reading that play by play and probably biting his nails off, that games exciting as hell if you read it 'live'.  Hes got problems at QB as Mauck made a huge error late in the game with the interception but luckily didnt lose it on that, but not a great year by Mauck.  Come back Curt Anes !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: