Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:19:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  Gameday Discussion
| | |-+  Playoff rematches
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Playoff rematches  (Read 2638 times)
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« on: May 04, 2010, 12:21:31 AM »

Conference title games are always exciting, but fans may be getting a sense of deja vu.

Both conference title games involve pairs which have already played home-and-home series. Both pairs are 1-1, with the teams having won in their home stadium.

On top of that, the EFC title game is a rematch of last year's EFC title game, right down to the seedings: #3 Frankfurt @ #1 Berlin.

The EFC West's championship drought continues: it is guaranteed that this will be the fifth straight season with an EFC East team in the FWL Bowl. (Believe it or not, that's not the longest divisional streak in league history: the AFC East represented North America in six straight FWL Bowls, from season 3 through season 8, just before the Harwood/Wuerffel dynasty took off in Montreal.)

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:29:27 AM »

On paper some great games.

Orlando vs Sacramento is an old classic, i lost a few times to Orlando in the playoffs before finally winning and moving on to win FWL Bowl X.  Todd Bouman vs Jon Denton were some great matchups back then.
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:50:49 PM »

Yeah, this is the fourth time the Thunder and Surge are facing off for the AFC title. Advantage 2-1 Orlando, including at least one road victory.

Season 7: Orlando 23 at Sacramento 13
Season 8: Orlando 20 Sacramento 17 ot (@ Sacramento, I think, but the records are spotty)
Season 10: Orlando 15 at Sacramento 33

Very fitting that in breaking their long playoff droughts, these two teams are mixing it up with each other's greatest playoff rival.

TC-Sacramento

SURGE GM

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »

Best of luck to the Thunder...it should be a great game regardless of the outcome! 

I'm just glad I can finally say I guided the Surge to the post season.  Smiley

-TC

TC
General Manager
Sacramento SURGE
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:42:45 AM »

Woo! In a career full of playoff futility, I've never actually lost by 20 before. The world makes sense again!

Also, surely the Thunder are the first team to surrender safeties in back-to-back playoff games. As the first score of the game, yet!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:44:23 AM by jcompton-Orlando » Logged

jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »

I'm actually sorry that we dinged up so many Surge players--not so much from the sportsmanship standpoint, but because I'd like to see the Surge embarrass the other Thunder just as badly.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: