Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  Amsterdam have a new GM !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Amsterdam have a new GM !  (Read 2536 times)
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« on: May 20, 2010, 04:42:28 AM »

Great news, Ton Vlaming who helped start the Admirals dynasty (Which Niki van den Berg took to several FWL Bowls) is now back in the league ! 

Ton was in the FWL several years and helped take Amsterdam from a poor cellar dweller into the makings of a championship team.

Ton was a real life Amsterdam Admirals fan (Lives in Holland) and takes over the reigns of the FWL's Admirals today.

Please contact Ton for any trades/discussions etc

Thanks

(I still urgently need GM's for Ohio and New York)
TonV - Amsterdam

Amsterdam Admirals

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 06:54:49 AM »

Yes indeed, Paul managed to track me down and pull me back in Smiley.

Will be interesting to see if I can do better this time around! (27 - 2 - 27 record back in the old days).

Ton
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:30:48 PM »

Everything old is new again. Welcome back.

I'd say this is a good opportunity for me to try to get the Monarchs again, but I'm sure Paul will never let them go now, and I think it's more fitting that I have to spend the rest of my days in exile.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 05:15:48 PM »

Sorry i wont let them go Wink

I did love the Surge big time, you feel (ahem) like the players are 'real' as you draft them, have them for years, have tough decisions about benching/cutting/trading them etc.

But with London and me being a brit its totally different !  Love the team much more !  (Sorry Jason !)

If anything as youre from Ohio arent you ?  I thought you might want the Glory job.  Would be controversial in real life, you leaving Orlando and going to Ohio in the same division !
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »

If anything as youre from Ohio arent you ?  I thought you might want the Glory job.  Would be controversial in real life, you leaving Orlando and going to Ohio in the same division !

No, I'm from Illinois (Chicago area) originally, now in Wisconsin. No real geographical World League alliances for me, but the Monarchs were the team I liked from when I started watching in Week 2 of the inaugural season.

I did think about taking one of the open teams, but I think I'd like to see what Krazy Kliff Kingsbury and the world's worst defensive backs can cook up for a little while longer.

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Niki

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 01:58:42 AM »

Ton welcome back
TC-Sacramento

SURGE GM

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 01:21:03 PM »

Welcome (back) Ton!

TC
General Manager
Sacramento SURGE
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »