Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  EFC MVP (?) gets a new job in the real world
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EFC MVP (?) gets a new job in the real world  (Read 4063 times)
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« on: May 26, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Saskatchewan/2010/05/26/14095126-cp.html

I want to be Stan Gelbaugh when I grow up.
Paris

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »

quarterback Ryan Dinwiddie was definitely the Musketeers MVP last season!    Cool
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 01:14:27 AM »

It's not impossible that he would be league MVP but I suspect Chapman will get that nod. But 19 TDs to zero INTs should at least be good for EFC tops.

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 03:28:13 AM »

Here are the awards from last year (Computer always does these, i dont)...

MVP: QB Rohan Davey - hmm controversial choice but he had an amazing year
Rookie of the year: CB Rashad Moulton
AFC Offensive player of the year: QB Clint Stoerner
EFC Offensive player of the year: QB Rohan Davey
AFC Defensive player of the year: DE Octavious Hand - 20 sacks
EFC Defensive player of the year: DE Eddie T Freeman - 12 sacks - bit controversial !
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 03:30:43 AM by Paul-London » Logged
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »

I think your computer has developed a drinking problem.

Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »

Well some of the choices arent that bad. DE Hand had 20 sacks and the Surge were the best team in the FWL.  The Austrian choice looks bad though.  BUT i think the software awards 'points' to each player during games if they make a good play etc.  Thats how it calculates weekly mvp's and the all-pro squad.

It shouldnt be about who had the most touchdowns etc or sacks.  Granted Hand led the league but the Surge really had a huge year and one major reason why is Hand.  Its like interceptions, a player who has 8 ints isnt necessarily the best DB, perhaps he has a great CB opposite him (Look at the Raiders Asmougah who hardly has any ints).  'Could' be the same for Freeman ?  He plays so well teams try to get away from him and run at other players on his d-line.

Davey until Week 13 was the MVP of the league i would say, if it wasnt for that huge loss to London in the final week then Davey would have had the top seed in the EFC.  As we know the All-FWL team is based on the regular season, in the regular season Davey had 23 td's, 3rd all time and didnt have a great rushing attack this year to help him but still went 10-4.

Stoener is a difficult one, had a good year but on paper doesnt seem the best AFC QB.  If the computer made a huge error, eg the MVP was a QB who threw for 700 yards i would change it but i 'think' the computer has its reasons.

Same for the All-FWL squad (i will get round to doing those !), unless a player is on the wrong squad i wont make any changes and go by what the computers said.
Andrew-Neutral

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »

I didn't realise Ryan Dinwiddie is a Boise State product. Back in the late 80s, we would watch the Manchester Spartans beating everybody - their QB was from Boise State, a guy called Hazen Choates. I wonder what happened to him?

Andrew
GM of the Year, season 5
Official FWL Stats-Geek
jcompton-Orlando
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »

Hazen Choates. I wonder what happened to him?

I don't know, but in addition to the two lady kickers, I'm going to ask that we have a "Hazen Choates" in the draft class, because that's one hell of a name.

Paris

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 10:21:56 PM »

Regardless of the game's outcome, Dinwiddie easily is the Musketeers MVP, and  CB Rashaad Moulton earned his keep for Paris this season.
Paul-London
Administrator

London Monarchs GM

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 03:38:25 AM »

Yeah good on you for keeping with a veteran QB.  I think in the past Dinwiddie was always a good QB but often was surrounded by poor talent but often did alright.

He finally had some good weapons on offense/defense (Moulton turned out to be a superb pick) and Dinwiddie has soared.  Lots of new GM's often bring in their own QB but its good you were patient with Dinwiddie
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: