Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:35:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375 Posts in 1144 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: Jack-NewYork
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Fantasy World League Forum
|-+  FWL Boards
| |-+  FWL Articles
| | |-+  Helmet Logos
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Helmet Logos  (Read 1055 times)
Andrew-Neutral

« on: October 20, 2007, 05:46:03 AM »

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question - does anyone know where the designs for the helmets for Paris and Mexico were sourced? Paul says he "borrowed" them from a site like http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ but he can't remember which teams' designs he borrowed - so does anyone recognize the helmets? I imagine they are from an obscure college team? I'd like to get a hi-res version of each design for a little something I'm working on.

Cheers

Andrew
GM of the Year, season 5
Official FWL Stats-Geek
TC-Sacramento

SURGE GM

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »

Hey Andrew,

The Aztecs helmet was "borrowed" from the 'The Hawaiians' in the World Football League section on the Helmet Project site.

You can also get images for the "Honolulu Hawaiians" in the WFL section on the "Helmets, Helmets, Helmets" web site at http://www.misterhabs.com/helmets.htm.

You can find the Musketeers helmet at the "Helmets, Helmets, Helmets" site.  The helmet is for the "Mobile Sea-Pirettes" under the NWFA in the Women's Leagues section.   Huh

-TC

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 04:09:39 PM by TC-Sacramento » Logged

TC
General Manager
Sacramento SURGE
Andrew-Neutral

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:24:22 PM »

Cheers TC - I could have looked for ever before finding the Mobile Sea-Pirettes' helmet! Some nice designs in those women's leagues!

In the amateur leagues here in the UK, there are no rules against women playing in "men's" teams, so some teams did field women.

Andrew
GM of the Year, season 5
Official FWL Stats-Geek
TC-Sacramento

SURGE GM

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 04:45:30 PM »

No problem Andrew...I'm pretty familiar with the Helmets, Helmets, Helmets site and I had never seen the Musketeers helmet in the sections I had looked at.  I had never looked at the women's leagues sections so I started there and in the first section there it was!  Smiley

Oh, and welcome back to the FWL!!   Cool

-TC

TC
General Manager
Sacramento SURGE
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: