Fantasy World League Forum
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
May 19, 2026, 10:35:47 AM
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Search:
Advanced search
FWL GMs! Register your name with the team name after it, like "TC-Sacramento"!
5375
Posts in
1144
Topics by
25
Members
Latest Member:
Jack-NewYork
Fantasy World League Forum
FWL Boards
FWL Articles
Opening roster news
« previous
next »
Pages:
[
1
]
Author
Topic: Opening roster news (Read 2075 times)
Paul-London
Administrator
Hero Member
Posts: 1943
London Monarchs GM
Opening roster news
«
on:
August 14, 2006, 06:04:19 AM »
BERLIN
In Berlin former 1st round pick Nate Hybl will start the season opener and the pressure will be on the young passer as he takes over from Pat Barnes. He will also have a new HB in Avon Cobourne and a new starting WR in Edell Shepherd as Vance Blundin is retired.
AMSTERDAM
Perhaps it lit a fire underneath but Heath Rylance who had lost his job early in training camp to Joe Hamilton returns as the starter in his 11th season. Rylance who took Amsterdam to the EFC Game hopes to go one game further this year.
ORLANDO
Still confusion about who will start this year, the official roster lineup hasnt come through yet but the team did make a move re-signing veteran star Jon Denton. 3 former 1st round picks will fight it out for the starting role in Orlando.
PLAYERS WHO WANT TO MOVE
Former Berlin starting DE Teto Simpson who had 10 sacks for the Thunder last year has been demoted to DE4 and wants to leave the team. Simpson a quality veteran still has a great motor.
Ohio DE Rameel Connor has double digit sacks in 4 of the last 5 seasons and a year after gaining 11 for the Glory , Connor is now a backup and wants a chance to start elsewhere.
Rhein WR Scott McCready has been the leagues best WR the last 3 years and had 109 catches last year to lead the league. He has been demoted to WR2 and there are rumblings McCready wants out.
London may be looking for a total youth movement on offense this year, rookie WR Aaron Hoshack has been mentioned as a possible shock starter, Damon Savage who had over 1000 yards last year may be benched and is asking to move on.
In Austria former HB David Allen becomes the new FB , Allen who has great skills struggled at HB1 in the past but with his good ST could make a quality FB. With so many trades Austria will feature 3 new offensive linemen starters this year
Logged
Mark-skyhawks
Full Member
Posts: 141
Re: Opening roster news
«
Reply #1 on:
August 14, 2006, 12:48:20 PM »
KNIGHT WANTS OUT !!!
It has also been said in a press interview that Safety Kevin Knight is wanting out of Raleigh. This was due to the
fact that he has been at the Team for two seasons now and still only seen limited action Knight said " I am
getting sick of new players coming in and starting ahead of me, and now a Rookie comes in and he starts ahead of me as well, I have had enough of being a backup"
It has not been confirmed that GM Munro will place him on the trade block but it is looking more likely every day.
Logged
GM RDS
Reall life fan of: Tampa bay Buccaneers, Atlanta Falcons, Frankfurt Galaxay
Soccer:Glasgow Rangers,Arsenal,Inter Milan
Raleigh Durham Owner:George Shinn
Raleigh Durham Stadium:Carter-Finley Stadium (45,000)
Raleigh Durham HC:Roman Gabriel
Marco_Frankfurt
Full Member
Posts: 237
Re: Opening roster news
«
Reply #2 on:
August 15, 2006, 04:37:50 AM »
Another unhappy veteran !
the Frankfurt Galaxy announced that
LB 72 Grant Carter OK 8 81 75 73 85 70 84 73 66
will not start this season. Instead he is placed as backup on the LB5 position.
Former 1st round pick Antonio Rodriguez takes over as LB2 instead.
Carter came in a trade from San Antonie during season 14 and started immediately
as middle Linebacker. In his 2 seasons with Frankfurt he had the following stats:
Tackles Sacks FR
2010 Carter 63 2 0
2011 Carter 61 3 3
Carter announced that he still wants to start and asked to be traded:
"My skills are to value for just sitting on the bench, let me play. if not
in Frankfurt then somewhere else."
But the Management of the Galaxy has so far not offered him in any trade:
"We are trying something new with our LBs this season and because Mr Carter
has not as much improoved in the training camp as we had wished he is only
a backup in the moment.
However the starters are not tested yet and we do not want to close the dootr
behind Carter so soon. If we get the right offer we may trade him, but if not
then we are happy to have his veteran experience with us. Especially as we all
know how fast an injury can happen."
Logged
GM Frankfurt Galaxy (Season #1 - now)
GM of the Year - #14
FWL-BOWL-Champion - Season #2, #5, #13, #14
EFC Champion - Season #2, #5, #10, #13, #14
EFC EAST Champion - Season #1, #2, #5, #6, #10, #12, #13, #14
Paul-London
Administrator
Hero Member
Posts: 1943
London Monarchs GM
Re: Opening roster news
«
Reply #3 on:
August 15, 2006, 05:11:46 AM »
SACRAMENTO
Finally Rob Adamson the young gun slinger gets his chance with the Surge. Jake Delhomme had up and down results last year, the team started 5-1 then lost 6 straight until 2 late season wins. Adamson started the final week and was effective in a win.
Delhomme threw for over 3,700 yards and 15 td's but the 11th year veteran is giving way finally to 5th year Rob Adamson. Adamson has great skills and could do well for the Surge.
MEXICO
Last year Chad Hutchinson arrived from Barcelona and played very well with 8 td's and 2 ints outplaying JT O'Sullivan. However after a good camp O'Sullivan has pipped Hutchinson to the starting job and has vowed to make the job his. One mild surprise is the benching of Tony Simmons who moves from WR1 to WR2. Simmons had an excellent year last season with over 1000 yards since coming over from Frankfurt.
BARCELONA
12th year veteran Dameyne Craig is currently the oldest starting QB in the league. Craig hopes for a great season but has not said whether he will return next year or not. With the slow footed Tom Arth backing up Craig the Dragons may be looking for a new QB next season. Former backup Alli Abrew was cut before training camp and is currently a FA.
AUSTRIA
With probably the biggest amount of talent on any roster the DarkKnights have several great young RB's all waiting in the wings. A recent trade offer for HB Sultan McCullough was turned down this week. BJ Symons the recently acquired QB has won the 2nd QB spot behind Anes pushing Matt Mauck back to the 3rd string job. With a lot of talent and depth all over the team must be favourites to repeat.
Logged
TC-Sacramento
Newbie
Posts: 41
SURGE GM
Re: Opening roster news
«
Reply #4 on:
August 15, 2006, 01:09:07 PM »
Quote from: Paul-London on August 15, 2006, 05:11:46 AM
SACRAMENTO
Finally Rob Adamson the young gun slinger gets his chance with the Surge. Jake Delhomme had up and down results last year, the team started 5-1 then lost 6 straight until 2 late season wins. Adamson started the final week and was effective in a win.
Delhomme threw for over 3,700 yards and 15 td's but the 11th year veteran is giving way finally to 5th year Rob Adamson. Adamson has great skills and could do well for the Surge.
Yes, (maybe surprisingly) Adamson gets the start in Week 1. He obviously doesn't have the experience and discipline that Jake has, but the Surge are giving him a shot to prove himself and see if he can be the future of this franchise. However, should he not do well there will be a "quick hook" and management will not hesitate to put the reins back in Delhomme's hands.
-TC
Logged
TC
General Manager
Sacramento SURGE
Pages:
[
1
]
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
FWL Boards
-----------------------------
=> FWL Announcements
=> Trades
=> Gameday Discussion
=> FWL Articles
Loading...